st. louis - key points
Key Points about the City of St. Louis, Missouri
- Excellent sports teams: 1999 World Champion and 2001 NFC Champion Rams, 2004 National League Champion Cardinals, 1999 Almost-World Champion Blues. Plus: indoor soccer, roller hockey, minor league baseball, minor league hockey, great college basketball/football.
- Cultural center: World class zoo, art museum, symphony. Blues/Jazz. Great local music scene. Muny, Fox, Powell and Sheldon, wineries.
- St. Louis is becoming a technology leader.
- Within a day’s drive of: Chicago, Kansas City, Memphis, Nashville, Indianapolis, Branson, Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri State Fair, Illinois State Fair.
- Outdoor activities: Mark Twain National Forest, Shawnee National Forest, Black River, St. Francis River, Busch Wildlife, Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri River, Mississippi River, Katy Trail.
- Special events: Taste of St. Louis, Taste of Clayton, Fair St. Louis, Strassenfest, International Festival, etc.
- Culturally diverse community
- Excellent restaurants
- Excellent shopping—Saks, Neiman Marcus, Lord & Taylor, Nordstroms (coming soon), Talbots.
- Revitalized downtown area
- Historical neighborhoods
- Relatively low cost of living
- Excellent school systems
- World-class Medical facilities: Barnes, Wash U., SLU
- Excellent higher-education institutions: Wash U., SLU, UMSL, Webster U., etc.